UK Records Office

Help line
0121 247 4304

Open 5 days
Mon - Fri
09:00am til 4:00pm

Last updated: 19/07/2024

Unabridged Birth Certificate
Add to Favorites

Apostille Legalisation

Legalisation (Apostille) is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a UK public document is genuine.

Bar Image

Bar Image


Google Checkout Acceptance Mark

bar image

Divorce Certificate

Replacement Divorce Certificate

Divorce Certificate Copy

Obtain a Divorce Certificate

Welcome to UK Record Office !

If you have lost an original copy of a Decree Absolute divorce certificate or require a duplicate for legal purposes you are able to order an official replacement with the court seal swiftly and safely through our online service or by post?

  • Replace a Lost Divorce Certificate Online New or Duplicate
The certificate will normally include Man's full name, woman's full name and date of marriage and divorce.

UK Record Office offers a secure online ordering service for official UK divorce certificates replacement copy issued in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland also known as a Decree Absolute.

We provide gofficial Divorce Certificate also known as a final Decree Absolute, we are here to help.
Our team will conduct a search to obtain an official Divorce Certificate also known as a Decree Absolute to confirm a divorce has taken place or produce a nil result certificate to confirm no divorce has taken place in England and Wales.
If you cannot remember the exact dates you can give approximate years of both marriage and decree divorce.

If you need to replace a lost Decree Absolute or require an extra copy for legal reasons including Remarriage, Pension Applications etc you are able to order an official court duplicate through our website. If you are unsure of the Year and Court where your divorce was granted a 10 year search (eg 1970-1979) of divorce records will be undertaken to locate and supply an offical court stamped copy of the Decree Absolute and the cost is 95.95 plus postage.

Depending on the information and search years provided dispatch to you is normally 20 business days. Records of divorces were not generally computerised pre 1998 therefore records prior to this are archived and need to be searched and retrieved manually. As part of our service for overseas customers we will scan the certificate and attach to our confirmation of posting email - At no extra cost. *If you require a certified sealed copy signed by a Judge this can take up to 30 business days for dispatch.

If you have any questions regarding obtaining a copy Divorce certificate our advisors will be happy to assist. Please email or telephone us if you require any help in obtaining a copy Decree Absolute

Divorce or dissolution of marriage is the ending of a marriage before the death of either spouse. It can be contrasted with an annulment, which is a declaration that a marriage is void, though the effects of marriage may be recognized in such unions, such as spousal support or alimony, child custody, child support, and distribution of property.

A decree nisi (non-absolute ruling) is a ruling by a court that does not have any force until such time that a particular condition is met. Once the condition is met the ruling becomes decree absolute and is binding. Typically, the condition is that no new evidence or further petitions with a bearing on the case are introduced to the court.
This form of ruling has become a rarity in recent times, with one exception-in some jurisdictions it is still a standard stage of divorce proceedings. This allows time for any party who objects to the divorce to come forward with those objections. It is also at times termed as rule nisi.